College students make up one of the largest groups of drug abusers nationwide. Young people (ages 18 to 24) are at a heightened risk of addiction. According to the Addiction Center, those who are enrolled in a full-time college program are twice as likely to abuse drugs as those who don’t attend college.
Why Do Students Turn to Drugs?
The high rates of drug abuse among college students can be attributed to a number of factors, including:
- Stress. As students are facing the high demands of coursework, part-time jobs, internships, social obligations and more, many turn to drugs as a way to cope.
- Course load. More students than ever are taking stimulants, such as Adderall, to help them stay awake long enough to study or complete assignments by their due dates. All too often, these prescription drugs are obtained without a legitimate prescription.
- Curiosity. College students are exploring many new aspects of their lives in personal and professional realms. It’s not uncommon for that self-exploration to dip into drug experimentation.
- Peer pressure. College students who are surrounded by other people experimenting with recreational and performance-enhancing drugs are more likely to try these substances for themselves.
Inside the Drug Awareness & Prevention Box you'll receive:
- Educational Poster Series (8 1/2" x 11") for the following: Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, Methadone, Cigarettes, and Alcohol, 9 posters total
- White Table Cover
- Drug Education Slideguide - teaches physical/behavioral symptoms and dangers for drugs, including: Alcohol, Cocaine, Marijuana, Hallucinogens, Inhalants, Stimulants, Depressants
- Drug-Free Pledge Stickers
- Truth About Drugs Booklet - educational information on basic facts about the following drugs: Marijuana, Alcohol, Ecstasy, Cocaine, Crystal Meth, Inhalants, LSD, and Prescription Drug Abuse
(CLICK HERE FOR A DIGITAL SAMPLE)
- Drug Free Tokens
- Red Awareness Ribbon Pen - textured grip, black ink
- Too Smart To Start Bookmark - 6" bookmark comes with a red satin ribbon
- Red Ribbon Stickers
- Use the posters, slide guide, booklet, and giveaways to teach students the dangers of drugs and spread a Drug Free message.
- Use the stickers to have students pledge not to use drugs.
- Event instructions for small group facilitation or large tabling presentation.
EVOX saves you TIME - one stop shop for purposeful educational programming!