In March, thousands of advocates across the United States and beyond will stand up and speak out against Big Tobacco. Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States, imposing a terrible toll in health, lives and dollars on families, businesses and government. Tobacco kills 480,000 people annually – more than AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders and suicides combined.
Tobacco costs the U.S. approximately $170 billion in health care expenditures and $151 billion in lost productivity each year.
Celebrate Kick Butts Day on March 21, 2018 by hosting an event to spread awareness and educate your students!
Inside the Kick Butts Day Box you'll receive:
- Tobacco Fact Poster (12x18)
- Smoking Poster (18x12)
- Are You a Nicotine Addict Poster (24x12)
- The Impact Is Huge (12x18)
- White Table Cover
- Gray Table Skirt
- Take Time to Quit Info Card (4x6) - explains the short-term and long-term health benefits of quitting tobacco
- Stop Smoking Quit Kit - features ways to Quit Smoking Without Gaining Weight Card; How To Stop Smoking Pocket Pal- handy take-along item provides practical tips for becoming and staying tobacco free; Tobacco Use Tracker-Knowing when and why you smoke can help you break the habit. Includes: Gum, Mint, and a Lollipop-Three things to get you started on reaching for something other than a cigarette.
- Cigarette Buts Fact Card (4x6) - environmental message urges people to take responsibility for keeping the world free of litter and smoke.
- No Smoking Symbol Individually Wrapped Mints
- Use the posters and fact card to teach participants the dangers of smoking.
- Have participants use the quit kit and gold card as daily reminders not to smoke.
- Event instructions for small group facilitation or large tabling presentation.