National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated each year between September 15 and October 15 in recognition of the historical and cultural contributions of Hispanic Americans. This national observance was first established by Public Law 90-498, approved September 17, 1968 by the 90th Congress. Public Law 90-468 authorized the president to proclaim National Hispanic Heritage Week each year. On August 17, 1988, the 100th Congress enacted Public Law 100-402, which extended the observance from a week to a month.
The months of September and October cover a wide range of independence days for Latin American countries. Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua all celebrate their independence on September 15. Mexico celebrates its independence on September 16 and Chile on September 18. El Día de la Raza (Columbus Day) is observed on October 12. For purposes of this box the term Hispanic includes persons with ancestry from the countries of Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Inside the Hispanic Heritage Box you'll receive:
Educational Posters & Decor Items:
- Hispanic Heritage Poster of Achievers - introduce attendees to Hispanic culture and the achievers that paved the way, includes 18 outstanding leaders positively reinforce diversity and multiculturalism. 25 1/2" wide
- Hispanic Heritage Month Poster 18" x 24"
- Fiesta Table Cover
- Mexican Cutout Banner - measures 14" X 10" with 100 ft. of red, purple, green and blue flags, each with festive shapes
Fiesta Pull-String Piñata - includes hanger, 7" x 12"
- Hispanic Heritage Flag Set - includes 21 4" x 6" flags
Give Away Items:
(Choose Anticipated Attendance Below: 25, 50, 100, 250, or 500)
- Hispanic Heritage Timeline Handout 8.5" x 11"
- Hispanic Heritage Facts & Figures Handout 8.5" x 11"
- Fiesta Maracas - painted with chili pepper, cactus and other Mexico-inspired designs, 5"
- Maraca Pens - each 7 1/2" pen has a vibrantly painted maraca at the top
- Maraca Lollipops - individually wrapped
- Fiesta Buttermints - individually wrapped
- Use the posters, pinata, timeline, and giveaways to inform participants about the importance of celebrating Hispanic Heritage.
- Event instructions for small group facilitation or large tabling presentation.
EVOX saves you TIME - one stop shop for purposeful educational programming!
No need to research and organize the event, the planning and preparation is done for you. All you have to do is set up and enjoy the event with your students.
The Hispanic Heritage Box is an great way to educate participants what Hispanic Heritage represents and spread awareness about how the celebration began. A 30-minute event enhancement consultation is provided with this event in a box. Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing and delivery.
For an additional charge, EVOX provides a promotional kit you receive 8 weeks before your event or 1 week after you order which includes: advertising posters, sample social media posts, and a sample marketing email.