World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” - officially ended when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles outside the town of Versailles, France. However, fighting ceased seven months earlier when an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, between the Allied nations and Germany went into effect on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. For that reason, November 11, 1918, is generally regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars.”
According to the National Center for PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) approximately 400,000 veterans are diagnosed with PTSD annually. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder develops after a terrible ordeal that involved physical harm or the threat of physical harm. This harm may have actually happened to the individual, a loved one, or he/she may have simply witnessed a harmful event.
Inside the Veterans Day & PTSD Awareness Box you'll receive:
- Veteran's Day Poster
- Patriotic Decorating Kit - includes one 36" x 60" plastic flag banner, one 8 ft. 9" x 15" foil fringe banner and one 24 ft. pennant banner with twelve 27" plastic pennants.
- Blue Table Cover
- Patriotic Table Skirt
- Veteran's Day Thank You Badge - This sticker allows event participants to thank a veteran they know by writing their name on the badge and creates awareness for Veteran's Day by wearing it proudly.
- PTSD & Suicide Prevention Pocket Slider - this pocket slider will explain PTSD and who is at risk, includes warning signs and symptoms, ways to cope and ways to recognize and deal with problems
- Veteran's Day Bookmark
- Patriotic Pins - each 1" patriotic pin has a design that features stars and stripes in red, white and blue
- Small American Flags - let your love for the red, white and blue ring true by waving your small American Flag, each on a plastic stick measuring 6" x 4"
- Dubble Bubble® American Flag Gum
- American Flag Hard Candy
- Wear One, Give One Badge Stickers: participants are encouraged to wear a badge and give a badge to someone else to wear one as well.
- Use the pocket slider and giveaways to educate participants about the importance of Veteran's Day and how relevant PTSD is for Veterans.
- Event instructions for small group facilitation or large tabling presentation.
EVOX saves you TIME - one stop shop for purposeful educational programming!